Friday, January 6, 2012

New year, new branding

If this is the first time you are visiting my website, you won’t notice the big change it has had. But if in some way you know me, you will see I have rebranded myself. I wasn’t unhappy with my previous business name (samAdvertising). It was catchy and easy to remember. Some people asked me why Sam, well, it was a short cut for “Samudio”. In spanish it sounds good, but in english is kind of hard to pronounce. When I arrived in the United States, my first thought about my business name was to create something personal and easy to identify across the country. As I said before, to use my last name wasn’t a good idea. That is why I used “Sam” and then combined with “Advertising” it would be the perfect match. Now after six year of hard work and a huge learning process in Los Angeles, I have decided to give a fresh images to my business. It wasn’t an easy decision and sometimes I thought it would be better to stick with my old name. Now that the work is done, I’m sure about this big change. I have been working on this project for some months now. My task was to use a short name that was easy to remember and focused in my target audience, “independents and companies interested in professional design services, preferably based in Los Angeles. Rebranding is more than changing the logo and stationery, it is also important to think about other important aspects such as domain name (website), emails, social media, phone numbers and so on. Here we go.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment