Saturday, March 24, 2012

Playing Around with IFC Logo

First of all this is my favorite Channel, (Independent Fim Channel) and not doubt its style is faraway from the traditional TV programing fighting  for the desired rating. I really like the channel’s logo, it is simple, clean and it looks really strong on the screen, but I think it could transmit a direct concept about what “IFC is about Good television.”

 

Original Version

   
 


This is my personal version

 
Basically it is the same concept, same font and kerning, but in my personal version I turned the C and create some small contrast at the “I” and the “F”. I think it is clear what I’m trying to represent. At the same time this projector effect is driving us back to the initials. This small modification forces us to look at the logo at least twice, which is perfect for branding purposes.


 


I have posted  my version of the IFC logo on twitter  (Playing Around with @IFCtv logo), which has a positive feedback from the official channel twitter page


No comments:

Post a Comment